Come and work with us
We always have opportunities for hard working folk that want to spend some time in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
We offer job and volunteer opportunities at Big Creek Lodge for our summer season May/June through to September. Our job is to make people’s dreams come true and our focus is on providing our guests with exceptional standards of horsemanship, hospitality and service. To do this, we need talented people to join our small team, who share our love for the ranching way of life and who truly want to provide guests with a lifetime of memories. We are looking for honest, hard working individuals with a willingness to learn and provide a safe fun experience for our guests. Our priority will be towards someone with some horse and hospitality experience or with technical skills. A second language (preferably German) would be an asset.
Duties we require help with would include but not be restricted to:
- Overall guest interaction
- Guiding and assisting guests in activities when required, like trail riding, ﬁshing, gold panning, etc.
- Catching, grooming, saddling and general every day care of 20+ herd of horses
- Food preparation / cooking and serving and clean up
- Daily cleaning and turn over of guest rooms and general lodge housework
- Fencing and gathering ﬁrewood
- General ranch maintenance
We can provide full accommodation including all meals, WiFi, Western horsemanship lessons and gas for a personal vehicle. All these features are a great volunteer opportunity for the right person who wants to meet new people from all over the world. This is not just a job, it’s a way of life where you can work, learn and play! If you have the dreams, the personality and desire to be a part of our success, like working in a team, then we’d love to hear from you!
Send your application (resume, cover letter, references, etc.) to email@example.com.
Now is the time for your application. We are hiring new team members!
paid positions - Wrangler OR Ranch Cook/Housekeeper
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old and non-smoker!
- Minimum stay 5 months May-September!
- A good working knowledge of every day English is very important. Additional German language skills preferred.
- The application for a wrangler position consists of a resume plus references, as well as a video (no more than 3 minutes please!) of the applicant riding a horse at all three gaits (English or Western) catching a horse in a corral/pasture (haltering), picking out feet as well as tacking (saddling and bridling) a horse.
- Wrangler position requires a Wilderness First Aid Certiﬁcate, a good sense of orientation and reading for trail system is also very important.
Volunteer positions - General Position or Maintenance
- All Applicants must be at least 19 years old and non-smoker!
- Preferred stay 4-6 months (June-September, no start days in busy Summer Season)! Longer stays are encouraged to make the most out of your stay. Experience has shown us that it takes the average volunteer two to four weeks to get into the daily routine.
- Every Volunteer is required to carry personal liability insurance that covers horse-related activities.
- Working at the Guest Ranch is a physically demanding occupation. We work 6 days a week and you have to realize it is not a 9-5 job, as we work in a team and help each-other. You must be physically ﬁt and able to carry out the demands of the job, which includes, but is not limited to, handling horses, cleaning arena/pens, lifting heavy saddles, repairing fences, clearing trails, etc. We expect you to be able to think ahead, solve problems, work well alone as well as with others.
- Volunteers must be reliable, trustworthy, responsible, self-motivated, and able to stay on task even when the going gets rough. A good work ethic and a positive attitude are essential.
Send your application (resume, cover letter, references, (video), etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.